Sunday, November 11, 2012

Being late is good.
I hate being late, and sometimes when this happens some people confuse me for being lazy. Well, today, nobody was there to tell that to me but I was being beaten inside by my conscience. Quick bathe, halitosis removal, make up (with kimbo like products-you can tell I was shining)...in whatever order.
Walk down to the new mess and I see the KBB leaving. Me nani, i hoped into the bus, since I got information that it was going to nai. If you don't like free rides please stand up and kill the rest of population. I haven't mentioned why the bus was leaving to Nairobi. 

ok,their were the inter universities tournament going on at Kenyatta University, where over this weekend, the school was being represented by various teams, among them, the basketball, hockey women's and netball teams. However, the bus didn't make a final at KU. It continued to City Park. This is where the kimathi titans were to battle it out with parklands sports club, in a bigger league-the national men's hockey league. Kimathi sat at 4th place before the game...and were still 4th place after the win. (Ok, i leaked it too early)

However the humiliation which the titans gave to parklands sports club was one I had waited for.
Parky, (as I will refer to them here), in the changing rooms seemed well fit, and mentally prepared to whoop some kimathi ass. You should have seen the meanness written all over.
Well, almost two minutes into the game, they confirmed their mission with one shot that hit the back of the board. However, it being my first game to watch, i was hopeful that the guys would reply. Try after try showed the spirited fight that the team carried, way from the changing rooms.
35minutes into the game was the end culmination of the 1st half with the titans having not equalized. They came from the changing rooms charged.
Goal one. Whoa. Classic goal it was that was farfetched and long awaited for. From the cheering in the crowd, you’d have thought that the whole of the lot of spectators was for Kimathi. Nwe, that’s beside the point.
Goal two... that was even more neat and organized. My cheering was taken to another level.

..."PAH", goal three. Ok, that I didn't watch since a female friend had come by me and...Well, you know the attention was divided. But the celebration wasn't. A victory was now confirmed. One that I wanted, having sacrificed a lot to be their, including a date with a Miss KEMU.
Ok, i am not sure whether I sacrificed the date, or I just stood someone up.
70mins, a hoax of rain, and a few kashatas later, the game was over, and yes the team of titans had done me proud. I was elated. For me, it was a perfect pre-birthday gift.
Well done Kimathi titans, well done comrades.
I said I hate being late, so yeah; I was late in watching the titans earlier in the season, so I was also late in getting home.




0 comments:

Post a Comment